Friday, August 19, 2005

BLOGGER COMMENTS

I have reverted back to Blogger comments because I was fed up with how Haloscan looks. It is not possible to import all previous comments to their correct places so I have put them all in this post. They are all general anyway. Apologies.

Technorati Tags:

:
At 8/19/2005 05:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've lived in Athens for almost 8 years now and I still cannot say I've gotten accustomed to the unabashed racism which abounds here. Kudos to you for you for highlighting it in your blog!

 
At 8/19/2005 06:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

» After reading your blog and this thread specifically, I've gone and bought the book you're talking about. It looks very interesting. A write up on the book can be found on the E-Shop website here:
REVIEW

 
At 8/19/2005 06:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

» I've blogged the racism issue several times in my blog...especially the Albanian stereotype: Mythbusting the Albanian Stereotype(http://theseawitch.blogspot.com/2005_01_01_theseawitch_archive.html). I went so far as to print off actual Greek police reports, Greek scholars and Greek journalists' condemnation of it so I could show my Greek friends that it is nothing more than a myth. I do believe I'm making some headway with them since they take the words right out of my mouth to condemn other Greeks for being racist. Also, the plight of foreign women in this country is no better. I also felt compelled to blog the attitude towards sex trafficking in Greece as well. (Slavery in the 21st Century) The statistics are an abomination. http://theseawitch.blogspot.com/2004_12_01_theseawitch_archive.html Again, I can't tell you how pleased I am to see someone in Greece devoting their entire blog to a subject as dire as human rights violations. Please don't lose interest in updating your blog as so many do. Yours is one that NEEDS to exist in the blogosphere as well as in the forefront of our offline life.

 
At 8/19/2005 06:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fail to see the problem here. What is so troubling about Greeks wanting to maintain the country of Greece FOR Greeks? Diva?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home