Wednesday, January 11, 2006

UPDATE ON KIDNAPPING

The story rages on. Here are two articles from the Athens news on the interrogations of Pakistani men in Greece. From the press conference where the men explained what happened to them, entitled Face of Fear, go here and for the British spies involvement here

Technorati Tags: ,

:
At 1/11/2006 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Flubberwinkle said...

DeviousDiva, Thank you for commenting on my blog, thus giving me the opportunity to discover yours! I admire your blog's commitment to informing readers of the issues of xenophobia, racism and human rights in Greece. The subtitle of your blog's name says it all and I'm hooked.
I do not have any intelligent input to add to today's post and I apologize for using this space as an intro, btw I'm Athena from Athens.

 
At 1/11/2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger deviousdiva said...

No apologies necessary Athina. Thank you for the kind compliment. Welcome aboard. I hope you will join in the lively debates we here from time to time. See you around. DD

 
At 1/12/2006 08:48:00 AM, Blogger The SeaWitch said...

I can't be sure if the all the allegations by the Pakistanis are true but I do believe that it's entirely possible that they were abducted and held incommunicado for several days. An arabic friend of mine was also taken from his home and held without charge overnight for 'questioning' during the Athens Olympic Games in August 2004. When he and his Greek wife first told me about what had happened, I became angry and told them that they were doing the right thing by hiring a lawyer to pursue it. I'm not sure how the lawsuit is progressing but I do know that they have filed immigration papers to move to Canada as a result of what happened.

 
At 1/12/2006 02:19:00 PM, Blogger deviousdiva said...

Hi seawitch, very sorry to hear that your friends had to go through that. It must be so frightening and I can understand them wanting to leave. All the best to them in the future. Keep me posted on how the lawsuit turns out if you find out. I know these things can take years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home