Monday, January 02, 2006

WHAT DO YOU THINK (THREE)

We have been hearing and debating for quite a while about Greece being the most racist and xenophobic country in Europe. The European Monitoring Center on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC) that came up with this results posed a series of questions and statements. I thought it might be interesting to hear peoples answers to the questions rather than just the figures. PERCEIVED COLLECTIVE ETHNIC THREAT Is the your country's cultural life undermined or enriched by immigrants? Do immigrants make your country worse or better place to live? Please take the time to write a bit about why you respond in the way you chose. I am not interested in repeating the original survey, so this is open to people of all nationalities, anywhere in the world. I would like to hear what people really feel about these issues. Not just a series of statistics.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

:
At 1/02/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger the cloned corpse of marcus tal said...

Come visit my site.

It has superb poetry.

 
At 1/03/2006 05:04:00 AM, Blogger laspapi said...

I hope you get this, diva. You asked to publish my poem, "The Immigrant"? Please feel free to do so. Name's Wole Oguntokun. Blogspot's laspapi if you want to link.
Your blog makes compelling reading. Studied for Masters degrees in law and in Humanitarian and Refugee studies from the University of Lagos (the latter was 2 years long) and viewing practical stuff here. I'll be visiting

 
At 1/03/2006 12:57:00 PM, Blogger deviousdiva said...

Thank you for the complimentary comment wole oguntokun, welcome to my blog and thank you for the permission. I will of course, be crediting you and linking to your site. Thanks. Come back soon and post your views.

 
At 1/03/2006 01:23:00 PM, Blogger deviousdiva said...

What can I say scruffy american! Some people do that to get visitors to their blog. It does work as well, but I prefer to leave comments about the post and then people can visit mine if they are interested in what I have to say. Just simple blog manners, isn't it?

And here ends the blog plugs... back to the subject. What do you think?

 
At 1/03/2006 09:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a difficult set of questions. I really do not know.

While I can lay out pros and cons, that is, I think, fairly boring, at least since I can give no firm conclusion.

 
At 1/03/2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger alefbetac said...

I think there are a lot more important threats to any countries culture such as corporate culture and Nouveau Richism. As is the example in Greece. Greeks are doing a great job screwing up their own culture that they really don't need any help from the oytside.

 
At 1/04/2006 11:24:00 PM, Blogger alefbetac said...

Heh, you're probably right. I thought that prophecy was a Jewish one. Well they do know a thing or two about money. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home