Wednesday, November 09, 2005

COMMENT MODERATION

Blogger has just introduced comment moderation, whereby comments can be seen by the blog owner first. I have mixed feelings about this facility. On the one hand, I was really pleased that I have that possibility if I felt people were abusing my blog. However, this could be seen as censorship. I could angle the debate towards my own views if I was so inclined. Now there's a thought... I think for now I will stick with the old way and just delete abusive comments. It looks quite dramatic at least. What do you all think?

Technorati Tags: , ,

:
At 11/09/2005 06:21:00 PM, Blogger deviousdiva said...

Hi Mike.
I have found that word verification has worked 100% on eliminating spam, though I do find it irritating that I have to type in those silly letters even on my own blog!

I don't like the moderation idea because of the delay that happens and it slows up debates. BUT I'm glad to know I can use it if I need to.

 
At 11/09/2005 08:12:00 PM, Blogger Phantasmak said...

Hi. Some people had arguments here and here.

 
At 11/10/2005 11:15:00 PM, Blogger deviousdiva said...

Hey Mike, Forget about moderation! What about time zones? While we sleep they are plotting. And vica versa. HA HA.

Steelheart, is that the real you in the picture now? You always reminded me of someone in the movies but now , of someone I know?! LOL. My greek is not so good as to follow the WHOLE argument from your post but some points are interesting. Freedom of speech versus personal opinion/space. HMMMmmm. Well, you know what I think. How about you?
DD

 
At 11/11/2005 09:02:00 PM, Blogger Phantasmak said...

The man in the photo is Jizzy "King Jizzo" Pearl, frontman of Ratt. A pimp-like name with a nice sound in it, I wonder how long he had spent to come up with it.

I couldn't follow these two discussions either, as they use many legal terms I'm not familiar with and get lost halfway. I managed to read the posts and understand what they say and saw they simply back up in a legal way what is tangible to common sense. We all have the right to participate in the information society and similarly must not deprive others from exercising this right in the forums we administer (unless they, of course, comment only to attack with insults and diminish the level of conversation, but even so there are legal terms under which the deletion of their comments is permissible, for example the normal course of action is to contact the commentor and solve this matter first.)

 
At 11/12/2005 12:28:00 AM, Blogger deviousdiva said...

BUT is that the real you! Jizzy "King Jizzo" Pearl. If it is not you, then why?. Don't want to blow your cover but it would be fun if you were a famous unfamous person!

Sorry. I love having all you good people here. Famous or not. I don't care. Thank'all.

 
At 11/17/2005 08:43:00 AM, Blogger The SeaWitch said...

Eff...I think you'd say "yes" to comment moderation if people were insulting your children in the most disgusting ways, making vile personal attacks against other commenters and even death threats. Just because they're typing it and not saying it to my face on the street doesn't make it any less horrid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home